Friday, May 30, 2008

Frau Katse


Sometime during the night of Wednesday May 28, Frau Katse died. I found her body in  the lawn the next day. She was the most unique cat I have ever known. She came to us in 2002, just showing up at our door for attention and then she made herself at home with my family. She followed me around everywhere I went. We went on countless hikes through the woods together, I would even carry her across the river so she could follow me. She was able to learn a trick where she would sit up on her back legs to beg. She would then do this trick whenever I was carrying food.
She was the most friendly, tolerant and cheerful cat I have ever known.
I am not certain how old she was when she died, possibly between eight to ten years old.
Here are some pictures of her over the years, starting with the earliest photos.

Taken shortly after she decided to stay with us
With her kittens Hobbes (orange) and Kitsy (grey)
With Kitsy

Hiking with me

No comments: